Some IMPORTANT considerations to think about for your destination wedding:
- Your wedding will be held…..outdoors! That means….that there is no roof!
- ALWAYS plan for a “rain day” on the day after ….just in case.
- Dress for the weather! The weather is usually pleasant…..but ….it can get hot…and it can get cold. Plan accordingly to the month that you are considering. Be sure to ask us what we think.
- DO NOT DRINK. Drinking alcohol before a wedding…..is wedding suicide.
- IF you have to drink before you get married……don’t get married. It’s that simple.
- When people drink before a wedding, and then hit the heat on the beach, bad things happen. (Not can happen. DO happen. People stop listening. Some people turn into “bad drunks”. There is always too much drama.)
WE…..do not tolerate drinking at weddings. The County does not allow alcohol on the beach. WE will refuse to perform a wedding if we suspect that the Bride or Groom has been drinking. Why? Well….one of the reasons is that a couple of years later, when some Attorney calls us and asks us to testify somewhere in an ugly divorce case……because the Bride or Groom says that they “didn’t know what they were doing”…..because they were impaired and under the influence of alcohol”…..our definite answer…..will be NO. Does that really happen? YES.
How many days should we plan:
Good question! Allow us to give you the very best advice that we can on this:
* Saturday weddings: We tell everyone not to be married on Saturday. Saturdays, especially during April, May and June….are an absolute ZOO on the beach. There could be 15 weddings going on at the same time…..on Saturday afternoons and evenings. IF you want your wedding to be more private….and more meaningful……plan to do it on Monday, Tuesday Wednesday Thursday or Friday. Sunday’s are fine as well.
* What time: We strongly recommend Mornings…..before noon, and Evenings……after 4 pm. Mid-day is not a good time. Why?
- The lighting is too harsh during mid-afternoon.
- Most of the year….it’s too warm mid day.
Mid-day…there will be little bikini’s and thongs all over the beach….(and other people too!)
Ladies: Please remember that you are most likely getting married on a beach. Your dress should be altered so that you are not tripping over it in bare feet! Brides generally have shoes on for alterations. You won’t have heels on at the beach!! Also, remember that LACE at the bottom of your dress WILL PICK UP ALL THE LITTLE PIECES OF SEAWEED THAT ARE ON THE BEACH!! It takes forever and a day to pull that stuff out of lace, ultimately cutting into your photography time. Please, consider your surroundings and carefully consider your dress for a beach wedding.
Gentlemen: No matter what your fiance tells you…..DRESS FOR THE WEATHER!! We have seen grooms dressed in BLACK tuxedo’s practically pass out from the heat. If you are not wearing a tux or jacket, consider a white t-shirt under your dress shirt to absorb any sweat. You don’t want to have a soaked with sweat shirt on for your pictures. Linen pants or shorts and a nice shirt is the perfect outfit for a beach wedding!!